Five Facts: #ANewSunriseOverSunset
Anyone who’s seen David Lynch classics such as Twin Peaks or Mulholland Drive knows that this famous film director is rightly renowned for his idiosyncratic and independently spirited work. That’s why we’re honored to have worked with his foundation and other Los Angeles creative forces such as Dazed Media in creating our first short film - #ANewSunriseOverSunset. Below, uncover five fun facts about the film, our partners and get an inside peek into our newest property – The James West Hollywood – Sunset, opening May 1, 2017.
1. Lynch discovered meditation in 1973 and has been practicing it daily ever since. In 2005, he founded the David Lynch Foundation to bring meditation to people around the globe.
2. Dazed Media - a partner in producing the film - is the world’s leading fashion and culture media brand. It was founded by Jefferson Hack and world-renowned photographer Rankin 25 years ago and now encompasses a full media network and award-winning production team.
3. Inspired by the contemporary culture of Los Angeles, #ANewSunriseOverSunset is broken into three themed vignettes titled “Connection”, “Consciousness” and “Community”. The enlightened vibe gives a sneak peek into the ethos of our upcoming hotel in West Hollywood.
4. With The James as the backdrop, director Shaniqwa Jarvis gleaned insights from prominent David Lynch Foundation supporters and LA insiders including model and jewelry designer Erin Wasson, vocalist Nia Andrews, artist and clothing designer Cali DeWitt, Grammy-Award winning singer James Fauntleroy, 2016’s Best New Chef by Food & Wine, Kris Yenbamroong, and multidisciplinary visual artist, Brendan Fowler.
5. In celebration, The James West Hollywood - Sunset will donate a portion of proceeds from every single booking made at the hotel through jameshotels.com, from now until the opening on May 1st, 2017.