Pool Fashion Picks for Summer
Memorial Day weekend will soon be upon us and you know what that means. Pool time. We look forward to it every year at The James New York – Soho. Nowhere else in Soho can you take a dip while viewing one of the most inspiring views of the downtown Manhattan skyline.
In preparation for the summer heat (not to mention the return of the JIMMY Soho pool parties) we’re sharing some of the best pool fashions of the season that will allow you to soak up the sun in style.
For The Guys
- Nothing goes better together quite like ice cream and summer and guys can have both with this pair of ice cream print trunks from ASOS. Priced at $28, they come in a short length for maximum tanning and with a single back pocket in case you need to stash your wallet.
- Parke & Ronen has recently released their summer line and our top pick is the seersucker retro trunk. These square-cut swim shorts are low-rise with seersucker stripes and embroidered with sea creatures. Priced at $145, they come in three different colors including green, blue and navy.
- There’s nothing to block the sun quite like the never-out-of-style aviator sunglasses, and this pair from Warby Parker has a fresh, angular interpretation of the classic shape.
For The Ladies
- For a truly attention-getting swimsuit, try the bay ruffle one-piece swimsuit from Tory Burch. Inspired by tropical islands, the suit features a fun, floral print in a flattering one-shoulder style. Made from Eurojersey fabric, and created in Italy, the suit is worth the extra dollars at $250.
- Beach blanket bingo meets the 1980s in this retro bikini from TopShop. Affordably priced at $48 for the set, this bikini comes in a vibrant orange color with blue and pink details.
- Because you’ll need something to tote your pool reads and sunscreen, evoke the feel of the French Riviera with this stylish bag from India Hicks. It’s even lined with a tropical print and colorful exterior tassels.