Urban Wellness at The James supports the conscious traveler by anticipating their desire to feel good and connect with authentic local experiences, while traveling to our properties in Chicago and New York. Purposefully curated, regionally relevant, local partners and special events embody a holistic effort to provide our guests with opportunities to refresh and recharge.
MIND + BODY
- The James has partnered with SERENE Social – the international conscious women's wellness community for group rooftop and private yoga with some of the top teachers in NYC and abroad. Curated by SERENE Social founder Millana Snow, this weekly group rooftop series is open to hotel guests and the public from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Classes are held on Thursdays with meditation beginning at 7:30 and yoga beginning at 8am, with co-ed classes held every first Thursday and women-only classes the remained of the month. Classes are open to all levels and are taught by Yoga Alliance certified teachers. Yoga styles include but are not limited to: Vinyasa, Kundalini, Power Yoga and Restorative Yoga. To book a class or private yoga session contact the concierge.
- Relax and unwind with in-room spa treatments from the relaxation experts at Frederico Spa. Massage therapy sessions are available in our Spa Cabana, open during the summer months in the Urban Garden.
- Start your morning with a healthy serving of fresh fruit and veggies with squeezed juices and smoothies available through in-room dining. Choose from the Eye Opener with carrot, beet, apple and ginger or the Strawberry Banana Bliss with banana, strawberry and yogurt.
- David Burke Kitchen features authentic, regionally sourced and thoughtfully selected market-fresh cuisine. The artisan menu items are inspired by morning visits to the green market and focused on what is freshest in the region. With fresh squeezed juices, market fresh seasonal salads and the highest quality ingredients from local farms there are options for any conscious appetite.
- Experience the Tour de France in New York and take a ride on an official Tour de France training bike. The ProForm stationary bikes simulate the view and terrain of the race’s every hill, flat stretch and decline. Available in The Gym.
- Experience a personalized guided running tour of New York and stay fit while exploring they city's sights and landmarks. This 4.28-mile run to explores Soho’s history, culture, urban myths and unofficial landmarks. Guests can reserve The James New York Running Tour through the concierge. The hotel also offers complimentary run/walk pocket maps with several suggested 6-mile routes so guests can explore New York’s cultural attractions at their own pace. Maps are available at the front desk or through the concierge.
- During your stay, explore the neighborhood with our PUBLIC Bikes. PUBLIC City bicycles are classic European city bikes designed to meet the needs of today’s urban environment