Favorite Grammy Moments
Next year will mark the return of the Grammy Awards to New York for the first time in fifteen years. Madison Square Garden has seen its fair share of legendary music acts, but only at the Grammy’s do they come together on one stage. To commemorate the return of music’s biggest night to New York City, we’re counting down a few of our favorite Grammy moments.
1. 2016, David Bowie tribute: Only Lady Gaga could deliver a truly outstanding tribute to David Bowie, one year after his unexpected death.
2. 2008, Tina Turner and Beyoncé duet: The two crooners combined their talents for an unforgettable version of Tina’s hit “Proud Mary.”
3. 2001, Elton John and Eminem duet: An unlikely pairing that resulted in one of the most talked about Grammy moments of the 2000s.
4. 2000, Jennfer Lopez’s Versace dress: The reason for Google Images? You can thank Jennifer Lopez’s Versace dress. After it was googled so many times, the search engine behemoth created Google Images.
5. 1995, Alanis Morissette: No one had a bigger album in the 90s than Alanis Morissette. At the 1995 show she performed a stirring rendition of her hit song “You Outta Know.”
6. 1990, Milli Vanilli: The R&B duo became the first act ever to be stripped of an award after it was discovered the duo lip-synced.
7. 1988, Michael Jackson: The legendary singer sang a 10-minute medley of his top hits and, naturally, moon-walked across stage.
Want to experience the energy of the Grammy’s in NYC for yourself? Book a stay at either of our two locations in New York – in Soho or NoMad – both located nearby the festivities at Madison Square Garden.