Inspired Living at the Apartment by The Line
In the heart of Soho lies an immersive design experience that is part showroom, part store and part residential living space. Located on Greaene Street, The Apartment by The Line (76 Green Street) is the brick-and-mortar outpost of TheLine.com – a unique concept store designed as a shop-able home.
So if you’ve ever wanted to buy everything in the home of your most stylish and refined friend, here’s your chance. Below, check out five things to know before hitting up this design lover’s dream.
1. Upon entry, you’ll be welcome into an intimate apartment set-up where literally every item in each room is for sale. Want to know more about the stories behind each product? The shop’s blog, aptly titled Stories, delves into the discerning details behind each selection.
2. The building that houses the shop is over 150 years old and was built as the home of a flourishing dry goods company owned by Gardner Colby. If Colby sounds familiar, it’s because there’s a university in Maine endowed in his name.
3. The Apartment by The Line contains a curated selection of specialty goods, which vary from an ultra-plush cashmere throw by Tenfold to an exquisite marble dining table by Fritz Hansen.
4. Beauty products, such as body cream by Grown Alchemist, are also available (in the boudoir naturally). One of the most popular rooms in the store is the “walk-in” closet where you can find labels such as Proenza Schouler, Sies Marjan and Altuzarra.
5. The Apartment by The Line has a sister store in Los Angeles (8463 Melrose Place, 2nd Floor) and each space hosts discussions, screenings and in-store dinners for design enthusiasts. Be sure to keep an eye out for upcoming events and keep up with the newest arrivals on Instagram.