The 297-room luxury boutique, which received recognition on Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards, is ideally situated on the corner of Rush and Ontario streets, steps from Chicago’s famous Michigan Avenue Shopping district, Millennium Park and renowned museums.
About the Hotel
Every room is an expression of warm, residential style, enveloping guests in a classic design that is at once luxurious and supremely comfortable.
Experience The James as a culinary destination with The James Kitchen + Bar - serving locally-inspired, seasonal dishes - morning, noon and night.
Services and Amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- In-room dining provided by The James Kitchen + Bar
- 24-hour concierge
- 24-hour Business Networking Lounge with iMacs and printing
- 24-hour fitness center and Urban Wellness program offerings
- Nightly turndown upon request
- Laundry & dry cleaning
- Shoe shine service
- Pets Welcome amenities by hotel partner, Shinola, include plush beds, leather leashes and collars, treats and more
- 7,000 sq. ft of meeting and event space
- Valet parking ($65 per day with in/out privileges)
- PUBLIC bikes for adults and Paul Frank child city bikes (based on availability at time of request)
- Complimentary triple-filtered water
- HD Smart TVs in meeting spaces and guestrooms featuring content streaming from personal devices, an interactive program guide boasting local attractions, dining options, spa services and more
- Eco-friendly pillow options from Keetsa
- Private media room with HD DVD projector (Loft Suites only)
- Work/dining niche
- Accessible rooms available
- Non-smoking guestrooms and suites
Hotel Facility Fee
As of September 13th, 2017 reservations are subject to a Hotel Facility Fee of $14.95 plus tax per room, per night and provides guests with the following amenities:
- $10 daily food and drink credit to The James Kitchen + Bar or in-room dining*
- James Club amenities including daily coffee and tea, wine reception with light fare and late-night bites in the lobby
- Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- 24/7 concierge services
- Overnight shoeshine
- Magazines and newspapers available
- In-room coffee and tea offerings
- Flexible 2pm arrival time
- 24-hour fitness center access
- Unlimited local and long distance phone calls In-room coffee and tea offerings
*Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over
**Fee is exclusive of service gratuities.
- Check in: 3pm, Check out: 12pm (late 2pm check-in and check-out available only when you book on jameshotels.com)
- Minimum check-in age is 18 years old
- Government-issued ID and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges
- Package receiving charges may apply - please contact the concierge for more information
- The James Chicago is a non-smoking property
The James Chicago is ideally situated in the heart of downtown Chicago and is within easy walking distance of numerous dining, shopping, nightlife and cultural attraction choices. The James is also conveniently located near all public buses and trains, taking you to the hippest urban neighborhoods outside of the loop.
Things to do
Browse our top picks for things to do in Chicago using our Insider’s Guide.