James NoMad ADA
The James Hotels is committed in providing exceptional experiences to all our guests, including those with disabilities. Our goal is to provide online content that offers a seamless user experience. In order to further our commitment to nondiscrimination, we are continuing to work on the website in order to ensure the site conforms to Level A and AA World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. Such guidelines detail best practices for ensuring assistive technology users can access the site. The guidelines also make the site more user friendly for all people.
Due to The James Hotels website’s integration with third-party external vendors and elements, areas within the site remain beyond The James Hotels control. These elements include (but is not limited to) Google Maps, TripAdvisor, Instafeed, Date Picker, Events Calendar, etc… These third-party sites may have accessibility issues that are beyond our control. We invite you to review further public accessibility information directly from the third party vendors.
Should anyone find information or functionality which is inaccessible, please contact us at [email protected] To enable us to assist you, please make sure to provide us with your contact information and a brief description of the problem you encountered. We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate.
NOMAD PUBLIC SPACE ACCESSIBILITY
• Accessible public entrance
• Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the registration area
• Accessible route from the accessible public entrance to the accessible guestrooms
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to at least one restaurant
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the meeting room/ballroom area
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the exercise facilities
• Accessible route from the hotel’s accessible public entrance to the business center
• Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32” of clear width
• Accessible registration desk
• Van-accessible parking in the self-parking facility
• The hotel’s parking is valet only
• The hotel has a TTY for guest use*on request
• The hotel’s guest room televisions have closed captioning
• Staff are trained to assist blind and vision-impaired guests with basic needs such as completing hotel registration; learning about and completing service requests like dry cleaning, valet, shipping, room service, reviewing the hotels bill and charges; counting and identifying currency, business center, gym, orienting guests to hotel and guestroom layouts; location of fire alarms, emergency exits and equipment; heating and air conditioning controls; TV remote controls; message retrieval system; automated wake- up systems; and safe deposit box.
• We accept guide dogs at no charge with a deposit to cover potential damages.
• Staff are available to read the menu to blind or vision-impaired guests.
• Emergency exit signs are compliant with ADAAG1 requirements and emergency evacuation plans and information are provided in braille and large print.
• All accessible signage complies with the requirements of the ADAAG.
• Stairs, escalators and elevators comply with ADAAG standards, such as braille for floor numbers in the elevator and a verbal annunciator for each floor.
• Walkways and hallways are accessible and protected of protruding objects
• The hotel has signage in the hotels can be easily located by blind and vision-impaired persons with 2” minimum height raised letters and braille characters centered at 60” above the finished floor to indicate floor numbers, rest rooms, lobby, vending and ice machines and all other hotel facilities and amenities.