Urban Wellness at The James supports the conscious traveler by anticipating their desire to feel good and connect with authentic local experiences, while traveling to our properties in Chicago and New York. Purposefully curated, regionally relevant, local partners and special events embody a holistic effort to provide our guests with opportunities to refresh and recharge.
MIND + BODY
- The James has partnered with Wellness Official – the international conscious women's wellness community – for group rooftop yoga + meditation with some of the top teachers in NYC and abroad. Curated by Wellness Official founder Millana Snow, this weekly group rooftop series is open to hotel guests and the public every Thursday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Relax and unwind with in-room spa treatments from the relaxation experts at Frederico Spa.
- Start your morning with a healthy serving of fresh fruit and veggies with squeezed juices and smoothies available through in-room dining. Choose from the Eye Opener with carrot, beet, apple and ginger or the Strawberry Banana Bliss with banana, strawberry and yogurt.
- David Burke Kitchen features authentic, regionally sourced and thoughtfully selected market-fresh cuisine. The artisan menu items are inspired by morning visits to the green market and focused on what is freshest in the region. With fresh squeezed juices, market fresh seasonal salads and the highest quality ingredients from local farms there are options for any conscious appetite.
- Experience a personalized guided running tour of New York and stay fit while exploring they city's sights and landmarks. This 4.28-mile run to explores Soho’s history, culture, urban myths and unofficial landmarks. Guests can reserve The James New York Running Tour through the concierge. The hotel also offers complimentary run/walk pocket maps with several suggested 6-mile routes so guests can explore New York’s cultural attractions at their own pace. Maps are available at the front desk or through the concierge.