James Hotels Safety and Cleanliness Policy
Your Wellbeing is Our Top Priority.
Ensuring a safe, clean and inviting environment is the core of our commitment to providing the highest level of hospitality.
In response to COVID-19, we have initiated and are maintaining industry-leading and scientifically driven elevated cleanliness standards to safeguard the wellbeing of our guests and colleagues. Our strengthened safety and sanitizing measures incorporate the latest guidance from the world’s leading health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), and apply to all guest rooms, public and back-of-house areas.
The comprehensive strategies we are employing are rooted in industry experience, based on the latest scientific guidance, and utilize hospital-grade cleaners and best practices designed to prevent the spread of viruses. These strategies will be updated regularly to reflect the most current science and technology available.
At a glance, here is what we are doing to keep you safe and comfortable:
- Keeping our Distance. We have implemented social distancing measures in all public, event and back-of-house areas of the hotel.
- Sanitizer Stations Throughout. Touchless hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout all public, event and back-of-house areas of the hotel.
- Enhanced and More Frequent Cleaning. EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants and electrostatic sprayers will be standard protocol and used in guest rooms and to clean public, event and back- of-house areas every four hours.
- Personal Protection Equipment Required. All hotel associates are required to wear face masks and gloves. Guests are encouraged to do so as well.
- In-room Safety Kits Provided. Upon arrival, each room will include a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, hand sanitizer and gloves.
- Your Room is Your Room. If your stay is less than 5 days, no hotel personnel will enter your room during your stay unless you request for us to do so.
- Training and Education. We provide regular training to our hotel associates about the latest safety and cleanliness guidance.
Keeping you safe begins with keeping our valued hotel associates safe. Our dedicated COVID-19 task force has developed a multi-pronged approach to health and wellbeing, which stresses cleanliness and hygiene standards and regular education and training as well as enhanced cleanliness and hygiene standards.
Our associates are equipped to handle confirmed or suspected COVID-19 cases among guests and colleagues. They also understand how to identify potential health risks and are committed to working together to strictly follow all safety and cleaning protocols, which are detailed below.
- All staff are to stay home if they are sick or exhibiting symptoms of illness. They will be sent home if symptoms develop during their shifts.
- Proper hand washing and other safety protocol trainings will be conducted and maintained. Guests are also encouraged to adhere to regular 30-second handwashing/sanitizing guidelines.
- Front desks will be equipped with plexiglass sneeze guards, and all staff (e.g. front desk, concierge, valets, etc.) will be required to wear personal protection equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves.
- Social distance markers will be placed in all public areas (where applicable) to encourage social distancing awareness.
- COVID-19 policies and protocols will be provided to each guest upon check-in.
- Elevator capacity will be limited, as appropriate, to maintain social distances in controlled spaces.
- Should a guest or staff member be diagnosed with COVID-19 after leaving the hotel, all guests and staff that were present at the same time will be notified. If a guest or staff member is diagnosed while staying with us, proper isolation protocols will be followed pursuant to CDC and WHO guidelines, and guests and staff will be notified.
- EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants will be used to clean each guest room, with special attention paid to all high-touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, light switches, etc.). A minimum 10-minute cleaning period protocol is applied to each item so that full disinfection occurs.
- Your Room is Your Room.If your stay is less than 5 days, no hotel personnel will enter your room during your stay unless you request for us to do so. Rather, replenished amenities – including towels and linens– will be provided upon request.
- Upon arrival, each room will include a sealed safety kit containing a face mask, hand sanitizer and gloves.
- All guest keys will be disinfected via UVC light treatment upon check out.
- For the laundry and cleaning of bed linens and towels, sealed laundry bags will be utilized during transportation to and from the cleaning facility.
- Every four hours, we conduct electrostatic spraying of EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants throughout all public areas, including:
- Elevator cabs
- Public restrooms
- Fitness Center
- All high-touch public area surfaces such as handrails and door handles will be wiped down with EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations have been placed in key areas throughout the hotel including hotel entrance, front desk, meeting room landings and elevator landings.
Restaurants & Bars
- Prior to opening each day, we employ electrostatic spraying with EPA-rated hospital-grade disinfectants on all areas.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations will be placed at entry points.
- Tables and chairs are spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart to allow for safe distances between guests.
- We will provide no-touch table service adhering to safe social distancing guidelines. No buffets will be available.
- Digital menus will be provided via QR code. Disposable menus will also be made available.
- All shared items and food and beverage areas will be sanitized after each use.
- No-touch in-room dining will be served with sustainable disposable wares.
Meetings & Events
As we continue to think about events differently in light of COVID-19, we remain dedicated to ensuring a safe environment for your event to take place as we navigate the new normal for food service and events. As the situation continues to change regularly, our team remains briefed on the most accurate information to-date in regards to group gatherings, and we will work closely with you to provide customized menu options. We will continue to reevaluate and update our approach as the world around us continues to evolve, and it is our commitment to you to ensure that we create unparalleled occasions and provide the highest level of experience for our clients and guests.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
- We work with a professional cleaning company that conducts deep surface cleans and best-in-class sanitization protocols
- All surfaces are sanitized between each seating
- All Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Sanitizer provided for all guests
- Digital and disposable menus are available
- Contactless payment options available
- Regulated Distancing maintained in all areas
- Tables are spaced based on most current guidelines
- The number of guests permitted to gather are based on State, City and CDC guidelines
Employee Health Policy
- Staff temperature taken and logged along with daily health screening upon arrival pre-shift
- All Front of House staff are required to wear approved masks, Black Nitrile gloves, and follow extensive procedures of managing replacement processes within
- All Back of House staff required to wear KN95 mask, Face Shield approved by CDC, Black Nitrile gloves, Plastic replaceable aprons, and follow extensive procedures of managing replacement process within operation
- Sanitation kits located at all locations
- Increased hand washing of staff while on site
- Routine cleaning of all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs
- Differentiating the process of Clean (means with soap and water) & Disinfecting (means with EPA approved chemicals)