Urban Wellness at The James supports the conscious traveler by anticipating their desire to feel good and connect with authentic local experiences, while traveling to the brand’s metropolitan locations. Purposefully curated, regionally relevant, partners and special events embody a holistic effort to provide guests with opportunities to refresh and recharge mind and body.
- The Gym at The James, represents the next generation of fitness for the health-conscious traveler. The 2,500-sq.-ft., full-service fitness center is open 24/7 for hotel guests and features 10 pieces of cardiovascular equipment and more than 25 pieces of strength equipment.
- Stay fit while exploring Chicago’s sights and landmarks with personalized guided running tours of downtown Chicago, a perfect mix of culture and wellness designed for athletes. For small group running sessions, enjoy tours provided by City Running Tours. For more information on maps or tours, please contact the concierge.
- Explore the neighborhood with our PUBLIC Bikes for adults and Paul Frank bikes for children. PUBLIC City bicycles are classic European city bikes designed to meet the needs of today’s urban environment. Available during warmer months.
MIND + BODY
- Connect with your physical, mental, and spiritual yogi practice at Yoga Loft Chicago. Located in River North within walking distance of The James, guests can enjoy classes in a relaxing space where the health benefits of yoga are integrated with additional important aspects of wellness including strength training and cardiovascular conditioning in every class. For more information on classes, please contact the concierge.
- Experience rejuvinating treatments at The Spa by ASHA such as a chakra balancing massage or hot stone fusion massage.
- Start your morning with a healthy serving of fresh squeezed juices available through in-room dining. Choose from the Eye Opener with cantelope, ginger, cucumber and coconut water or the Wake Up with greens, apple, honeydew and mint.
- Choose from lighter fare at David Burke's Primehouse such as the mesculn salad with vegetables, potato, peptia vinairgrette and sheep cheese.