Spotlight On: Jayson Home
A handpicked look at some of the most unique design and décor shops from around the globe.
Jayson Home – Chicago staple, design world cult favorite and urban garden oasis. Those are just a few terms that can be used to describe this décor institution, who landmarked Chicago’s Clybourn corridor shopping almost 20 years ago. Us? We simply call it inspiration mecca.
Here’s a look at how this famous Chicago furniture store made a name for itself:
– Their buyers regularly scour the globe for modern and vintage furnishings and accessories that are timeless, but of the moment. Sophisticated, but never stuffy. Edgy, but elegant. Even better? You can follow along their buying trips on Instagram and get a behind-the-scenes look at what they’re uncovering.
– Flea Fetes. Fresh back from traveling the world, Jayson Home debuts the buyer’s picks throughout a weekend event where their courtyard garden is transformed into a market bazaar complete with activities like live music, ping pong, a fire pit and bites from local Chicago favorites, like Big Star tacos.
– Don’t live in Chicago? That’s ok. They offer the same vast selection of goods and quality customer service through their extensive e-commerce selection. If you need a Monday morning pick me up, their What’s New section never disappoints.
– Jayson Home’s annual warehouse sales are not to be missed, nor for the faint of heart. Held offsite at a large warehouse (go figure), discounts up to 60% off draw lines as early as 7am. Typically held in the spring and fall, come with your game face on. There’s usually only one or two of each item and it’s always first come, first serve.
– Saving the best for last, all summer long Jayson Home Hamptons is popping up in none other than New York. Their Sag Harbor digs at 3 Madison Street are the perfect locale for an East Coast taste of this Midwest staple – soulful, charming (it used to be a whaling supply store) and infused with character. Tour the pop up here.